Feb 26, 2009

The Journey: Across the Rainbow Bridge


In memory of my precious Keira and her new journey
(June 29, 2001-February 20, 2009)

The Journey:
Across the Rainbow Bridge
There is a place, the Rainbow Bridge, with colors of all hue…
It stretches through all space and time, to connect my heart to you

You were, you are, forever more, a part of all held near...
My inner child, my joy, my love, my little one so dear

My heartstrings stretch across the planes, to all my eyes can see…
To that inner world where all is felt, that keeps you close to me

When loved ones leave on journeys, across that Bridge of Light…
And hearts connect through love that’s shared, the beautiful and the bright

Through darkest clouds of pain and loss, to journeys that cross all time….
We fly on wings not of our own, our hearts, our spirits shine

We feel the sun's rays through us, we breathe in time, and space…
The hardness softens gently, the heaviness abates.

One moment measured out in time, one chord of celestial song…
Across that bridge, where magic waits, one heart light moves along

I feel you near, you comfort still, a sweet presence, not far apart…
The angels gather ‘round us both, in the gardens of our heart.
© Michele M. Bilyeu 2009

For my precious Keira,
I’m grateful for the 7 years you held your sweet face so very close to mine.

20 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. She is now with my Buddy and Chester.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm so sorry, Michele ~

Genia said...

I am very sorry, Michele.

Barb said...

I understand your sadness ~ our Rosie had to be allowed to pass, because she was such a good kitty and she DID NOT deserve to endure the obvious discomfort she was experiencing! It has been but a short time for us, I miss her very much! I am so sorry Michele, my tears are fresh on my cheeks, and in my heart for you! Keira has joined my Rosie...they are friends!

SuBee said...

I'm so sorry - (((hugs))) Keira was a lucky friend to share her journey with you.

quiltmom anna said...

Michele,
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Kiera- It is hard when one loses their pets- we lost our dog last spring and we miss her still- Pets are special members of our family- I am sure you will treasure your stories of your times together.
Lovely pictures of your dear girl.
Regards,
Anna
Anna

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Michele.

Junie Moon said...

A sad time but a beautiful poem. My heart goes out to you.

Anonymous said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you during this sad time. Your poem brought tears to my eyes. I am sending thoughts to my Penn, Sully, Francine, and Oliver to meet your Keira and help her settle in.

Nikki from Heartstrings

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry to read about your precious Keira. Sending hugs your way. I know how difficult it is to lose a treasured pet.

Finn said...

Sending hearts blessing of comfort to you. Your post and the music move me to tears as I think of beautiful golden boy, gone now these 5 years. You'd think the pain would ease. I suppose I'm refusing to let go of him, aren't I?
Thanks for the lovely comments at the Orphan Train and at Pieces. I'm so blessed with your friendship, thank you for that. Hugs, Finn

Linda said...

So very sorry for your loss!
((( big hugs!)))
Linda

Clare said...

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry. She's there with beautiful Magic who never came back and is missed so very much.

Big hugs.

Elana said...

Sorry for your loss. Pet's give so much unconditional luv, not ever asking two much from us this is what I get from my Joey Bonkers, my kitty. Quilting does that for me two, just wish I had more time to devote to it. You are in my thoghts & prayers.
God bless
elana

Vero said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but I like your poem. I Would feel the same if I lose my kitty.
Vero

Cher said...

big hugs...what a wonderful poem in tribute to a beloved member of your family.

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your furry sweety. It makes me cry just reading and hearing your music. Thank you for giving her a lot of love and care. (Today your word identification for me is BEING. Keira is BEING always and forever.)

*karendianne. said...

Michele, I'm sad for your loss and I'm sorry I wasn't here on the day you posted this. My heart reaches out to you with the glitter and golden spirit of a thousand thoughts of love.

Maureen said...

Dear Michele, My thoughts are with you at this time. Our furry children are so much a part of the family. What other member enjoys quilting with us as much as they do! Know that Kiera is always with you in spirit and that the sentiments written in The Rainbow Bridge will one day come true! Thoughts and prayers, Mo

Scrappy quilter said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog in regards to our dear Sassie. Thanks too for the link to this wonderful poem. It touched me deeply.

We walk around looking for her, thinking she is going to be in a certain place and no longer is she. I never realized it would be this difficult.